You too can TRAVEL to unknown lands through books
Teen Read Week October 20th—23th
1. Annual Library Book Mark Contest: Two winners, one from middle school and one from high school, will receive a $20 Barnes and Noble gift card, and their bookmark reproduced to give away to the PFTSTA community. You can visit the library for a hard copy or open here:
http://bit.ly/bookmarkcontest2015 to print out from the web.
All bookmarks are due in the library by Wednesday, October 29th at 2:30PM.
2. Now showing in your library: Visit the common area outside the library at lunch on Tuesday the 20th to watch “Elegy,” an episode of the television show The Twilight Zone. In this episode, three astronauts find that their rocket has landed on a very strange but Earth-like planet. A treat will be served.
3. Travel Guessing Game: On Wednesday the 21st and Friday the 23rd during Teen Read Week, you can visit the library to get a clue about a character from a book or movie who has traveled far from home. If you answer correctly you will receive a prize. If you miss one, you will have a chance to try again.
4. Get Crafty: When you visit the library on Thursday the 22nd. Create a woven paper bracelet: bit.ly/wovenbracelet or bookmark: bit.ly/Weavedbookmarkout out of maps. The instructions and materials will be provided for you.
5. Fine Forgiveness Week: You may return any overdue book/s during Teen Read Week without having to pay a fine.
6. Guess the Number in the Jar: See if you can figure out how many chocolate Earth balls are in the jar. To win, your answer must be closest to the correct number without going over. Guess the correct number of chocolates in the jar and win a coloring book and colored pencils and some of the candy. The second and third place winners will each win an Earth ball and some of the candy.
7. Vote for Teen’s Top Ten: Members of Bookmarked helped nominate books for Teen’s Top Ten. Now you can help select the top ten. Vote for up to 3 of your favorite books from 2014 here: bit.ly/13M2Fx4. Voting ends Oct 24th.
By Mouh2jijel (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons